If you’re looking for an easy, no mess Friday night dinner (or any night dinner), this one pot beef and mushroom stroganoff is for you!
The original recipe is from Budget Bytes, and I’ve made just a couple of tweaks – I’ll link the original recipe at the end of the post 🙂
One of the BEST parts about this recipe is using a non stick skillet that is DISHWASHER SAFE. I have a large Green Pan that I really like, it’s shallow but it’s wide enough to work for this recipe. Here’s a link: GreenPan Frying Pan
Back to the actual recipe: ANOTHER best part is that you don’t have to boil the noodles separately.
Just a couple of thoughts about the ingredients – the note at the very bottom of the ingredients – the fresh chopped parsley – I do recommend this. It’s optional but it’s really good. The meal is a bit on the rich side, and the fresh parsley offers a nice contrast. And it smells good. Glen and I really liked the dijon mustard, giving it a bitter and sharp taste. If that’s not your thing, maybe do 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon instead.
Finally, here are the cooking instructions – I bought the mushrooms already sliced which probably saved me about 25 seconds but whatever. I do hope you like the recipe, let me know if you decide to give it a try!
- Mince the garlic, and put it in the pan sautéing over medium until the garlic is soft, 1-2 minutes
- Add in the ground beef & cook until it’s completely browned
- Add the mushrooms with salt and pepper to the pan, just for 5 minutes or so or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Now add in the the broth, w. sauce & dijon mustard and the egg noodles – important note, the liquid will not fully cover the noodles.
- Put a lid on top of the pan, and let the broth come to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, stir, and replace lid. Let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, the noodles should be tender – add in the sour cream and gently stir until mixed.
- Add the chopped parsley and serve
As promised, here’s the link to the original recipe from Budget Bytes: https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-beef-mushroom-stroganoff/
January 25th – A quick note! I have another change/recommendation – if you want, try adding some more seasonings to the beef: try Spicy Table Blend from Mrs. Dash, I like this one because it’s salt free.